Direct a majority of projected new residential and employment growth to the Regional Transit Districts in accordance with the Growth Policy Map and the Growth Management Goals set forth in Table 17 (PDF).
- LU1.1 - To support areas best suited in the near term to become economic engines and models for future development, encourage projected new residential and employment growth to concentrate in the Regional Transit Districts that are designated as Downtowns (see the Strategic Investment Program under the Implementation section).
- LU1.2 - Revise and update the Zoning Ordinance, Subdivision Ordinance, and other County regulations to ensure they are consistent with and support the Plan 2035 growth management goals, vision, and policies. Conduct a comprehensive analysis of the Zoning Ordinance, including its use tables, zoning districts and densities, and variance criteria.
- LU1.3 - Evaluate the existing zoning districts in the Regional Transit Districts to ensure that sufficient development capacity is available to meet desired population and employment targets set forth by the Center Classification System (see Table 16).
- LU1.4 - Annually review and report on County growth trends to measure progress toward meeting Plan 2035 growth management goals. Identify potential revisions to policies and ordinances to assist with meeting the goals.
- LU1.5 - Annually review the Capital Improvement Program (CIP) to ensure consistency with the Plan 2035 vision, goals, and policies. The Planning Board will review proposed public facility and infrastructure projects and submit its recommendations to the District Council and County Executive for consideration (also see Strategic Investment Program under the Section V: Implementation).
- LU1.6 - Identify the key capital improvement projects for each of the centers identified in Table 16 that are necessary to promote and facilitate economic and residential development within the center. Identify and coordinate the capital improvement projects with County agencies and key stakeholders. Prepare a summary of the Center Diagnostic score for each center.