Six Envision Prince George's Area
We live in safe and flourishing communities that have:
- Abundant Amenities, Services, Schools, and Jobs
- Healthy Surroundings
- Quality and Affordable Housing
Our communities continue to include a diverse mix of new and existing residents and families of all ethnicities, incomes, and ages with great access to quality health care.
We work in a thriving economy in balance with the natural environment and with ample jobs in the County for County residents. The County capitalizes on new and existing industries that meet the needs of a globalized economy, including:
- Green and Other Cutting-Edge Technologies
- Higher Education, Federal Hubs, and Industries and Businesses
- Systems That Access and Deliver Renewable Energy
We are known nationally as a great place to live and work.
We learn in a culture that emphasizes lifelong learning with one of the best systems of Pre-K to graduate education in the country, including:
- Career and Technical Training Programs
- High-Performing Public School District
- Strong Focus on Multilingual Education
- World-Class Center for Higher Education Institutions
- Other Learning Activities for Everyone
We serve the needs and aspirations of our residents with:
- Active faith-based community
- Excellence in public safety
- High levels of citizen, resident, and youth engagement
- Responsive government
- Robust community service
- Thriving non-profit and business sectors
We work in powerful, effective, and inclusive ways to address our differences and make effective public decisions that are accountable and benefit all.
We enjoy Prince George’s County with its expanded network of:
- Entertainment Opportunities
- Recreational Facilities and Activities
- Tourist Destinations
- Unique Heritage Sites
- Vibrant Arts Community
- Wide Array of Parks and Open Spaces
All of these increase the quality of life for our residents and visitors.
We sustain our county with:
- Green Jobs
- Greener Communities
- Protected Natural Resources and Rural Areas
- Transit-Oriented Development
- Other Sustainable Development Practices
We proudly utilize resources in ways that allow our people and communities to meet their current needs while ensuring that those of future generations of Prince Georgians are also met. We have the will, the capacity, and the resources to fully implement the vision for the next decade and beyond.